Low key weekend in Krung Theep

After last weekend in Hua Hin and Phetburi, I decided to take a low key weekend here in the City of Angels. On Saturday, I had a leisurely breakfast of a hot chicken sandwich and iced coffee, read the Bangkok Post and headed off to Chatuchak Weekend Market. You can get ANYTHING you could possibly want or need at this huge market. I've posted some pictures from the market following this post. From fruits and veggies, to pastries, clothes, watches, videos, crickets, bunnies, fish, dogs, hamsters, mice, feather dusters, brooms and fountains, it's all here and available to buy at a good price. The market is a good mix of farang, Thai and other Asians wandering about and looking for bargains. While not the "must-see" that the Grand Palace is, if you're here for more than one weekend, it's good fun.
On Sunday, I had a lazy day at the apartment. I slept late, then I made myself a farang breakfast of eggs and potatoes, of course I had to put a few chilis in to kick it up a bit. With the fresh orange juice, iced coffee and Bangkok Post, I almost felt like I was back in Colorado. I wandered down to the Internet Cafe to check email then meandered over to Foodland, one of my local 'supermarkets'. I stocked up on a few staples to tide me over for my last week then took my time going back to the apartment. I stopped for some Gai Yang, some Khaw Suay, Nam Som and Phonlamay. For all the non Thai speakers, that's barbecued chicken, steamed rice, orange juice and fruit. After a swim, I had lunch, spent an hour or so writing a proposal, took a nap and met a friend for a beer. I DID say I had a lazy Sunday!
That's all for now! Enjoy the pics and any questions or comments to andym528@hotmail.com
Looks like I return to the states on 3/3/05.

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Land of Smiles

Weekend at the beach!

Cambodia - Day 1